- At a Glance
- The Course
- Career Opportunities
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
- Cross Disciplinary Subjects
3 years full-time
Diploma in Gerontological Management Studies
Interested students are strongly encouraged to apply during the Direct Polytechnic Admission (DPA) Exercise.
You can also apply during the Joint Admissions Exercise following the release of the GCE 'O' Level results. For other categories of applicants, please refer to the section on 'Admissions'.
Silver Industry, Golden Opportunities
A profile of a youth? Well, think again.
Today’s greying population fits this profile seamlessly.
- They will be healthier, richer and better educated than their predecessors.
- They will be members of the silver industry, a potentially huge and untapped market.
- They will require a wide range of products and services specially designed for their needs and desires.
- In 2005, 1 out of 12 people in Singapore was over 65.
- In 2030, 1 out of 5 people will be over 65.
- In 2005, the Silver Market in Singapore was worth USD$4 billion.
- By 2015 it is expected to increase dramatically to USD$11 billion.
Be at the forefront of an emerging industry
Get the education you need in this rapidly growing field. As the population ages and people are living longer, there will be a dramatic growth in the opportunities that cater to the silver industry. A new group of service providers with an in-depth understanding of this silver market will be needed to support the aspirations of this increasingly significant sector of the population.
That someone could be YOU. If you enjoy working with people, and would like a career in helping our seniors to achieve fulfilling and productive lives, this is the course for you.
Offering the knowledge of Gerontology, with insights from Sociology and Psychology, and skills to apply such knowledge in business settings, the Diploma in Gerontological Management Studies will open doors to many career choices for you. In fact, the scope of jobs available will not be limited to the silver industry since the business training provided will be valuable in all business environments.
Some careers that you can look forward to include:
- Business Executives
- Tourism & Leisure Management Officers
- Human Resource and Training Executives
- Marketing Executives
- Investment & Financial Planning Officers
- Retail Executives
- Programme Management Officers
- Manager of Retirement Village
- Sports & Wellness Consultants
- Other people-oriented positions that focus on providing products and services to the mature generation
With the introduction of the Diploma in Gerontological Management Studies, TP will place its graduates at the forefront of an emerging industry and give them a competitive edge to pursue promising careers.
|English Language (EL1)*||Grades 1-6|
|Mathematics (E or A)||Grades 1-7|
|Any three other subjects, excluding CCA||Grades 1-6|
To be eligible for selection, applicants must also have sat for at least one of the following subjects: Art/Art & Design, Business Studies, Combined Humanities, Commerce, Commercial Studies, Economics, Geography, History, Higher Art, Higher Music, Introduction to Enterprise Development, Literature in English, Literature in Chinese, Literature in Malay, Literature in Tamil, Music, Principles of Accounts
*SPM/UEC holders must have a minimum of grade 6 for the Bahasa Inggeris (English Language) subject.
See also the minimum entry requirements for:
|TP Core (Total):||21 credit units|
|Diploma Core (Total):||73 credit units|
|Diploma Electives:||min 22 credit units|
|Cross-Disciplinary Subjects:||min 9 credit units|
|Graduation Requirement:||min 125 credit units|
Students are required to obtain a minimum of 9 credit units from the list of Cross-Disciplinary Subjects.
Read Our Brochure here >>
For more enquiries, please feel free to contact us at:
21 Tampines Avenue 1
Tel: 67878000 (Admission Hotline)
Fax: 67898220 (General Enquiry)